Here are the latest articles about video content creation, filmmaking, and movie geek stuff.
- How Much Do Voice Actors Make? Voice Acting Salary (2024)
- From Zero to Hero: How to Start Acting With No Experience
- New Talent? Your Guide on How to Get an Agent for Acting
- Outstanding Drama Colleges for Rising Stars in Theatre & Film
- The Highest Regarded Acting Schools In The World You Need To Know
- Disney Voice Acting Auditions. How & Where To Find Them.
- Method Acting vs Meisner Technique: Which is Better?
- Top Online Acting Classes For Actors At Every Skill Level
- Stella Adler Acting Technique Explained (What, Why & How)
- Where to Find Voice Acting Prompts To Practice Your Skills
- Good Christmas Gift Ideas For Film Students (2023)
- Recommended Books On Acting To Level Up Your Skills
- Five Exceptional Microphone Boom Arms Tailored for All Budgets (2023)
- 8 Excellent Budget-Friendly On-Camera Shotgun Microphones
- Budget-Smart External Recorders: Video Creators’ Choice (2023)
- 7 Affordable LED Lighting Kits to Enhance Your Video Production (2024)
- Elevate Your Footage: 4 Excellent External Video Recorders (2024)
- Low Budget Filmmaking Equipment List: What Do You Actually Need?
- Essential Cameras for Aspiring Filmmakers to Start With (2024)
- Stream Like a Pro: Select Capture Cards with a Detailed Purchasing Guide
My name is Jan Sørup. I’m the founder of FilmDaft and editor-in-chief.
I own Apertura, a Danish company that produces video content for companies in Denmark and Scandinavia.
I always strive to publish high-quality content that is helpful and interesting to read for indie filmmakers, small video production companies, vloggers, screenwriters, and others engaged in video content production.
Being a movie buff, I also like to write about niche movies and movie quotes that I think are examples of excellent screenwriting, acting, cinematography, and the overall filmmaking trade.
In other words, I try to publish content I want to read myself.
All Recent Posts:
Finding the perfect gift for someone is rarely easy. Luckily, when shopping for a film student, you already know their favorite topic – film. And there are a lot of good, fun, and useful gifts to give that are affordable. The following options are great gift ideas for film students, no matter the occasion. Whether…
When hearing the phrase “voice acting,” many automatically gravitate toward the entertainment industry and animated characters for cartoons and Disney movies. While that is a monumental market for many professional voice actors, voice-over work offers many other career paths for voice talent. Other paths include video game voice actors, radio artists, voice-over documentary workers, audiobook…
Starting an acting career without any prior experience might seem like a daunting task. But here is the good news – all of your favorite actors had to start somewhere! With the right mindset, dedication, and willingness to put in the hard work, it’s entirely possible to build a successful career in the entertainment industry.…
Sci-fi and comedy don’t often go together, but a surprisingly large number of comedy sci-fi movies should be considered for your next movie watch. These films include great oldies like Mars Attacks! by Tim Burton and Back to the Future and newer ones like The Lobster, which feel like a fever dream. So buckle in…
Finding actual parts to audition for is challenging and tiring when you are an aspiring actor looking for roles. You need someone reliable whose job is to fuel your opportunity tank and give you as many chances to succeed as possible. The person that you need to help you is an agent. This article provides…
Some of the most underrated films within the horror genre come from Korea, which is sad because they produce some of the best horror movies ever to grace the genre. Korean horror films often focus more on psychological horror and zombie apocalypse films, which is mostly what is on this list. However, there are several…