Here are the latest articles about video content creation, filmmaking, and movie geek stuff.
- How Much Do Voice Actors Make? Voice Acting Salary (2024)
- From Zero to Hero: How to Start Acting With No Experience
- New Talent? Your Guide on How to Get an Agent for Acting
- Outstanding Drama Colleges for Rising Stars in Theatre & Film
- The Highest Regarded Acting Schools In The World You Need To Know
- Disney Voice Acting Auditions. How & Where To Find Them.
- Method Acting vs Meisner Technique: Which is Better?
- Top Online Acting Classes For Actors At Every Skill Level
- Stella Adler Acting Technique Explained (What, Why & How)
- Where to Find Voice Acting Prompts To Practice Your Skills
- Good Christmas Gift Ideas For Film Students (2023)
- Recommended Books On Acting To Level Up Your Skills
- Five Exceptional Microphone Boom Arms Tailored for All Budgets (2023)
- 8 Excellent Budget-Friendly On-Camera Shotgun Microphones
- Budget-Smart External Recorders: Video Creators’ Choice (2023)
- 7 Affordable LED Lighting Kits to Enhance Your Video Production (2024)
- Elevate Your Footage: 4 Excellent External Video Recorders (2024)
- Low Budget Filmmaking Equipment List: What Do You Actually Need?
- Essential Cameras for Aspiring Filmmakers to Start With (2024)
- Stream Like a Pro: Select Capture Cards with a Detailed Purchasing Guide
My name is Jan Sørup. I’m the founder of FilmDaft and editor-in-chief.
I own Apertura, a Danish company that produces video content for companies in Denmark and Scandinavia.
I always strive to publish high-quality content that is helpful and interesting to read for indie filmmakers, small video production companies, vloggers, screenwriters, and others engaged in video content production.
Being a movie buff, I also like to write about niche movies and movie quotes that I think are examples of excellent screenwriting, acting, cinematography, and the overall filmmaking trade.
In other words, I try to publish content I want to read myself.
All Recent Posts:
Think about your favorite films. What makes them your favorite? Usually, it’s because there’s some memorable moment, dialogue, character, or message behind them that makes them persuasive. Have you ever wondered what makes these movies so persuasive? It’s because filmmakers use rhetorical skills like ethos, logos, and pathos to persuade audiences over to their point…
What Is A Vlog? Vlogger vs. Blogger vs. YouTuber Explained (With Tips On How To Start Your Own Vlog).
Are you considering starting your own YouTube-channel or niche website? And are you confused about the difference between a YouTuber and a Vlogger? Or the difference between a vlog and a blog? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. With all the new possibilities that exist online, new terms spring up every other week. So what is…
How to film at night is a task every video content creator will face at some point. The challenge is that the camera sensor needs a lot of light to get good images. This is true whether you use an iPhone, a GoPro, a DSLR, a mirrorless camera, or a cinema camera. Cameras need light!…
WARNING: This article contains excessive use of puns, blood, and gore. Read at your own risk. There must be something in the water. No matter how many times the genre appears to die, somehow, it always comes back to life. Tip: See the best zombie movies of all time. In general, the horror genre is…
I’m a big fan of Think Tank because I think they make excellent products for photographers and videographers. I own both the Think Tank Logistics Manager 30, and the BackLight 36L Outdoor Backpack, and I love them both. Think Tank has just released a new exciting bag called the Essentials Convertible Rolling Backpack, a hybrid…
Everyone has a good self-produced movie in them. The adage that everyone has a novel applies to film today since the internet and access to technology have bridged the gap. No longer do you have to wait to get an agent and pray some big-time producer picks up your movie. Several indie films have been shot…